Ms. Pool worked in various civilian businesses before starting her 29-year career with the Department of the Army. During this career she spent time in the club system and lodging and served as a Community Recreation Division Chief, Business Operations Division Chief, and Deputy Director of MWR. She served in these positions in various locations in Germany, to include Darmstadt, Aschaffenburg, Wiesbaden, and Hohenfels, as well as in Vicenza, Italy. In 2002 she moved to Alaska and served 2 years at Fort Wainwright before transferring to Fort Richardson to become the Deputy Director, MWR, Garrison Alaska. Ms. Pool transferred to the Department of the Air Force through joint basing in 2010 and served over two years as the Deputy Flight Chief, Sustainment Flight, before becoming the Deputy to the Commander in the 673d Force Support Squadron.
Lyn Pool was born in Illinois and spent parts of her childhood in Illinois, Japan, and Florida. At the age of 14, her family moved to Germany, where she spent 25 years.
Ms. Pool enjoys reading, travel and continuing educational opportunities, and is currently learning the Russian language. She and her husband also hosted three foreign exchange students.
She was married to the late Jodie Pool and has four stepdaughters and nine grandchildren. She currently resides in Palmer, Alaska.
- 1975, Associate’s Degree
- 2008, Bachelors, Business Administration
- 2010, Masters, Business Administration/Public Administration
- 2012 – Present, Air War College
- 1981-2005, Various MWR Management/Division Chief Positions, US Army Garrisons
- 2005-2010, Deputy Director of MWR, Garrison Alaska
- 2009-2010, Enterprise Team, 11th AF, Representing Army MWR in Joint Basing Planning
- 2010-2012, Deputy Flight Chief, Sustainment Flight, 673 Force Support Squadron, JBER, AK
- 2013-Present, Deputy Director, 673d Force Support Squadron, JBER, AK
(Current as of April 2016)